Friday, August 8, 2014

August 2014 Monthly Update

Its been a bit quiet here lately mainly due to my slackness. Sleeping more these days - getting older! lol

Anyhow back to business. I have certain projects always eating away at me and only a limited lifetime so something needs to happen.

Here's a review of current projects and next tasks:


NAPOLEONICS 6mm

WATERLOO

British Guards Division
French Infantry Division
Prussian Infantry Brigade

BORODINO

1809

EURO TERRAIN

Decide on Table - painted squares with modelled hills or hills underneath fabric? Scenic items will then go on top
Design woods and trees
roads and tracks
rivers
bridges
farms and villages
fields

ACW 6mm

Union Brigade
Rebel Brigade
practice RFnF rules

CRUSADES 10mm

24 x figure foot Crusaders unit
24 x fig Moslem unit
practice Tactica rules

BOER WAR 10mm

12 x fig Australian Mounted unit

MODERN 20mm

ADF infantry section of 8 figures
2 x ADF Bushmasters
practice FoF rules

MODERN 6mm

ADF infantry section of 8 figs
2 x ADF Bushmasters
20 x Afghan fighters
practice FoF rules

SCI FI 6mm

build or buy 3 x medium sized capital ships
practice rules

This weekend I intend to continue work on my 6mm moderns which I began again during the week as well as sort out some sample terrain cloth work for my local Tuesday night gaming group for our 2015 Waterloo weekend fight next June.

I have been tempted recently to reduce my 6mm Naps back to 24 figure units using double wide but normal depth instead of the 48 figure units using double width and depth as displayed in the last few dozen 6mm posts. The reason is to jump start this project back into momentum and get formations on the field a little quicker. I may base up a unit this weekend and take pics to see which I prefer.

Stay tuned for more updates.

No comments: