Tuesday, January 15, 2008
6mm Napoleonics Update - 13/1/08
Well now, it's been a little long since the last posting. In that time I have completed half of my cork terrain tiles. They look great so far.
So i put a brigade of finished 6mm Irregular French Infantry on the board with a brigade of 6mm paper French Infantry and took a few snaps. The lead definitely looks the part. Unfortunately the price to compile and the time to paint and base do not. So back the paper it is, permanently this time.
Now for the real decision. After playing around with the green background to the images I felt the white background works better. Here's why. The green makes the artwork look a little more like a set of miniatures on the table. Good. But. When you 1st walk into the room or sneak a peak at a photo, the green tends to really blend in to the artwork and it takes a while to seperate the image from the green. If the same is done with white background you can almost instantly see the blue and white for french and red and grey for english. And so the final decision was made for me.
Looks passible I think. At least enough to cover the expense of purchasing, painting and basing multiple armies of napoleonics anyway!
Hooray! The too and fro of decision making is over and I can now get on with the production of the armies.
On to the artwork I go. The image I used is from the Junior General forums and is shown on this blog previously but here it is again.
From which I extract:
and with a little refining result in:
Very acceptable I think. Now to create a brigade or 2. Stay tuned!